Express Entry

A Canadian flag and a stamp with the words "immigration" and "visa approved".

Express Entry is an immigration system used by the Canadian government to manage applications for certain economic immigration programs. These programs include the Federal Skilled Worker Program, the Federal Skilled Trades Program, and the Canadian Experience Class.

Express Entry was introduced in 2015 as a way to streamline the immigration process and make it more efficient. It allows the government to select immigrants based on their skills and experience, rather than first-come, first-served.

To be eligible for Express Entry, you must first create an online profile and provide information about your work experience, education, language skills, and other personal details. Your profile will then be given a score based on a points system called the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS).

The CRS takes into account factors such as your age, work experience, education, and language ability in English or French. You will also receive additional points for having a job offer from a Canadian employer or a nomination from a province or territory.

If you are interested in immigrating to Canada through the Express Entry system, it can be helpful to consult with our immigration consultant at stayinCanada. One of our immigration consultant is a professional who is knowledgeable about the immigration process and can help you navigate the complexities of the Express Entry system.

StayinCanada immigration consultants can help you create a strong profile by ensuring that you have all of the required documents and information, and that your profile is accurate and up-to-date. They can also help you understand the CRS points system and advise you on how to maximize your points to increase your chances of receiving an invitation to apply for permanent residence.

Once your profile is created, you will be placed in a pool of candidates with other immigrants who are also eligible for Express Entry. The government will then conduct regular draws from the pool, selecting the highest-ranked candidates to receive an invitation to apply for permanent residence.

If you receive an invitation to apply, an immigration consultant can help you prepare a complete and accurate application for permanent residence. They can review your application to ensure that it is complete and meets all of the requirements, and they can provide guidance on any additional documents or information that may be required.

If your application is approved, you will receive a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) and can then apply for a permanent resident visa to travel to Canada. An immigration consultant can also help you with this process and advise you on the next steps to take.

Overall, working with our immigration consultants can be a valuable resource for anyone interested in immigrating to Canada through the Express Entry system. They can help you understand the requirements and process, and provide guidance and support throughout the application process to increase your chances of success


Smiling family having a breakfast

Federal Skilled Worker

The Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) program is a Canadian immigration program that allows individuals with certain skills and work experience to immigrate to Canada permanently.

Person holding the Canadian flag

Federal Skilled Trade

The Federal Skilled Trades (FST) Program is a immigration program operated by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) that allows skilled tradespeople to apply for permanent residence in Canada. It is designed to help address labor shortages in certain trades and to help skilled tradespeople who wish to immigrate to Canada find employment in their field. 

Table with data including percentages, numbers, Canadian flag and IP addresses.

Canadian Experience Class "CEC"

The Canadian Experience Class (CEC) is a immigration program that allows foreign workers with skilled work experience in Canada to apply for permanent residency. To be eligible for the CEC, an individual must have at least 12 months of full-time (or equivalent part-time) skilled work experience in Canada within the last three years. The skilled work experience must be in a National Occupational Classification (NOC) level O, A, or B, TEER 0, 1, 2 and 3 occupations.