Federal Skilled Worker “FSW”

Smiling family having a breakfast

The Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) program is a Canadian immigration program that allows individuals with certain skills and work experience to immigrate to Canada permanently.

To be eligible for the FSW program, you must:

  1. Have at least one year of continuous full-time (or the equivalent in part-time) paid work experience in the past 10 years in a skilled occupation (National Occupational Classification (NOC) skill type 0, A or B).
  2. Meet the language requirements by demonstrating proficiency in English or French at the Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level 7 or above.
  3. Have a post-secondary education credential or a foreign education credential and an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report from an approved agency.
  4. Meet the minimum requirements for work experience, language, and education, you will be awarded a certain number of points based on the selection factors in the FSW program. You will need to score at least 67 points out of 100 to be eligible for the FSW program.
  5. Be able to prove that you have enough money to support yourself and any dependents after you arrive in Canada.

If you meet all of these requirements, we can help you applying for the FSW program through the Express Entry system, which is an online system used to manage applications for permanent residence in Canada. If your application is successful, you will be invited to apply for permanent residence.

It’s important to note that the FSW program is just one of several immigration programs available to individuals who want to immigrate to Canada. There are also programs for specific occupations, for entrepreneurs and investors, for family sponsorship, and for refugees. It’s a good idea to contact one of our immigration consultants to explain all of your options and choose the program that best fits your needs and circumstances.


Person holding the Canadian flag

Federal Skilled Trade

The Federal Skilled Trades (FST) Program is a immigration program operated by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) that allows skilled tradespeople to apply for permanent residence in Canada. It is designed to help address labor shortages in certain trades and to help skilled tradespeople who wish to immigrate to Canada find employment in their field. 

Table with data including percentages, numbers, Canadian flag and IP addresses.

Canadian Experience Class "CEC"

The Canadian Experience Class (CEC) is a immigration program that allows foreign workers with skilled work experience in Canada to apply for permanent residency. To be eligible for the CEC, an individual must have at least 12 months of full-time (or equivalent part-time) skilled work experience in Canada within the last three years. The skilled work experience must be in a National Occupational Classification (NOC) level O, A, or B, TEER 0, 1, 2 and 3 occupations.