Parents and Grandparents

Young girl and woman in the fall season

As the name indicates, the PGP program allows Canadian citizens and Permanent residents to sponsor their Parents and Grandparents. It has specific conditions that sponsors must meet to be eligible to participate. The sponsor must be at least 18 years old, a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, and meet certain income requirements. The sponsor’s income is evaluated using the Low-Income Cut-Off (LICO) table, which takes into account the size of the sponsor’s household and the location of their residence. 

In addition to meeting the eligibility requirements, sponsors must also provide certain documents to support their application, including proof of income, proof of relationship with the sponsored person, and police certificates. The application process can be complex and time-consuming, and it’s essential to ensure that all documents are accurate and complete to avoid delays or rejections. 

StayInCanada offers professional and experienced representation to guide individuals and families through the PGP application process. Their team of immigration experts can help with the preparation of all necessary documents, advise on meeting eligibility requirements, and provide ongoing support throughout the application process.

If you’re interested in sponsoring your parents or grandparents to come to Canada through the PGP program, contact StayInCanada for professional representation and assistance. Their team of experts can help ensure a successful application and a smooth transition for your loved ones to join you in Canada. 


Family with Canadian Flags

Spousal Sponsorship

Spousal Sponsorship is a pathway for individuals who are married to a Canadian citizen or permanent resident to immigrate to Canada. The program also applies to common-law partners and conjugal partners.

Canadian Visa

Super visa

Canada is known for being a welcoming and inclusive country, and Canadian Immigration has created a new service to help visitors extend their stay in the country.